Order a Plumber Inc. – Melville Plumber
The water heater is an integral appliance in your home or place of business. Every time you wash your hands, take a shower, wash your dishes or run a load of laundry, the hot water heater is hard at work. However, despite how important this appliance is to the function and convenience of your home or workplace, it often does not receive the maintenance and upkeep that it needs to remain in proper working order.
At Order a Plumber, we are the leading experts in water heater maintenance in Melville, and in all locations throughout Suffolk County and Long Island. With more than 25 years of experience, our highly trained staff is well-versed in hot water heating maintenance. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional maintenance and ensuring that you are never left without hot water.
Why Hot Water Heater Maintenance is Important
Also known as ‘drain and flush,’ maintaining your hot water heater literally involves draining the tank of your hot water heater and flushing away the debris and buildup that forms in its tank. There are numerous benefits associated with this ‘drain and flush’ process, or the routine maintenance of your hot water heater, including, but not limited to:
- Improving the health and cleanliness of the appliance.
- Ensuring that your family or your business associates and clients have access to hot water when it is needed.
- Increases the amount of hot water heater the appliance can create. Because routine maintenance removes the buildup of debris that collects within your hot water heater, more storage space for hot water is created.
- Lengthens the life of the tank. The buildup of sediment in your tank can cause rust and decay, which shortens the lifespan of the water heater. Having it drained and flushed on a regular basis will remove that sediment, which reduces the risk of rust and decay, and thus lengthens the length of time your hot water heater will continue to effectively operate.
- Saves you money. Because sediment buildup is so common in this appliance, it can seriously impact the efficiency of your hot water heater. That sediment makes your water heater work harder, and the harder it works, the more energy it requires. More energy consumption = higher energy costs. So, having the appliance maintained and cleared of that sediment will improve its efficiency, which means less expensive energy bills for you.
- Avoid costly, inconvenient breakdowns. By having your hot water heater maintained regularly, a technician will be able to identify problems that may be developing that could end up costing you a pretty penny and could be seriously inconvenient. Routine maintenance of this appliance will allow a technician to correct any existing problems and correct them, which could save you serious money, and serious inconvenience.
There’s no doubt about it: Routine maintenance of your hot water heaters offers some serious benefits. If you live or work in the Melville area, where WLNY-TV is broadcasted from and where the Newsday is published, Order A Plumber will gladly provide you with the hot water heater service that you need to ensure you are never inconvenienced by the problems associated with a faulty appliance.
When my office ran out of hot water, my entire staff and my clients were drastically impacted. Not having hot water to wash your hands is a serious problem when you are in the food service industry. Thanks to Order A Plumber, our hot water heater was replaced in no time, and now we are on a routine maintenance schedule with them so we can ensure we never experience this type of problem again.
Judy D. – Melville, NY